Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Dumbeldore Cabbie

People...they're all around you. Souls passing you by...staying...leaving…straying. Some, filling those empty pieces of your lives puzzle…some breaking them apart as though they were never yours…and some arriving...just for a bliss set of moments...but changing the moments after. Today I found such a soul. A soul whose aura seemed so pure, that it made me calm even in the most distressing moment. Drenched…legs filled with mud... blinding headlights...and no way home. Wet, hassled people scrambling for a taxi...as I watched on..in vain. 10mins...15...25...nothing. Angels come with no warning to those in need...and there he was...my 'Dumbeldore Cabbie' as I now fondly call him. A long white beard, shiny bald head, soft doe eyes, and wrinkled long fingers...my Dumbeldore Cabbie took me home. The ride home wasn't anything close to eventful for me to regard him as my angel. We did not exchange any words...but as they say…silence speaks the loudest. He drove in silence while I noticed...noticed how his old age showed in his eyes a tough life, building a story in my inner mind...about his past...his present...about how at that age he drove around strangers making them reach their desired destination...about why he was still driving them around...was it obligation? Or just plain simple will? Oh how I prayed for the latter. The whole situation seemed so very ironic, as I never miss an opportunity to fight with a taxi driver! And here I was...sitting in that taxi...the window reflecting light through water droplets...and my mind putting this aged man on a pedestal related with the spiritual world. No explanation for this feeling...no answer as to why...just his aura…and his eyes in the rear view mirror. They spoke. Spoke a story that made me feel so emotional...that my own insanity confused me. Home was near...but the feeling was far from gone. As he stopped on my request...I pulled out my wallet and couldn't get myself to ask him the usual 'kitna hua'...instead...saw the price on the digital meter..gave him the amount...and said thank you…weighing all my thoughts into those 2 words...his solemn welcome and nod left me warm...the cold rain that had me shivering was overpowered by the warmth of my Dumbeldore Cabbie. I questioned myself all that way home...questioned myself as I removed my wallet....question myself now...about my very own Dumbeldore. How do souls make an impact on you without knowledge of their past or present? ...how do souls leave behind a part of them within you? ...how do souls deserve so much space in your thoughts? Is it the walls they break down for you to enter...or is it your own walls...that falter when overpowered by serenity....

1 comment:

  1. hii ..Nice Post ..

    For More Entertainment .. Visit ..

    WWW.ChiCha.in

    WWW.ChiCha.in

    ReplyDelete